Tui Ora is a holistic kaupapa Māori organisation, providing a range of wellbeing services to people in Taranaki. We employ passionate, professional staff to fit with our whānau team culture. We value highly skilled, committed community focussed individuals to support this kaupapa, and currently have an exciting new opportunity.
About the role:
The Whanau Ora Cancer Kaiarahi Service is designed to support, navigate, connect and improve access to services for whanau with cancer.
We are looking for a compassionate, strong, motivated and positive person to join our team, make a real difference to the lives of clients and their whanau.
To be successful in this role:
· Knowledge of palliative care and oncology preferred
· Well-developed communication skills and the ability to be empathic and build rapport with whanau
· Attained or studying towards Whānau Ora diploma or specific qualifications associated with this role
· Two years’ experience working with and supporting whānau
· Ability to network, build new relationships and work collaboratively with others
· Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
· Understanding of Māori culture and protocols
· Knowledge of community, community agencies, and resources within the community
· A full NZ Driver Licence is essential.
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to be considered for this position.
Applications Close: 17 July 2019 @ 12pm