Help us deepen and expand our networks with key Māori staff within the Ministry and our partner agencies, across the tertiary education system.
· Fixed-term opportunity: Chief Policy Analyst, Māori Tertiary Education
Are you wanting to bring your leadership and Māori perspective to transform how we develop advice for tertiary education? Do you thrive on solving complex issues working across agencies and engaging with iwi, Māori learners and communities? Are you passionate about influencing the direction of the education system to deliver equity and excellence?
The Government has an ambitious change programme for the tertiary education system. This includes a strong commitment to improving equity across the system, for Māori learners and others, as well as deeper and more enduring partnering with Māori. These changes apply across the system including vocational education, wānanga, universities, and other tertiary organisations.
The Tertiary Education Group is seeking to shift its capability to work on issues relevant to Māori, within the context of the Ministry's overall strategy of shaping an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes.
The person in this position will be responsible for leading on an overall policy framework for Māori in tertiary education. They will help us deepen and expand our networks with key Māori staff within the Ministry and our partner agencies, across the tertiary education system, and with Māori stakeholders beyond the system.
The successful candidate will:
· possess a strong analytical mind, with experience of complex policy development
· hold deep knowledge of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and of how its principles are evolving within the Māori-Crown Relationship
· have well developed networks, credibility and positive relationships with iwi and Māori organisations
· get results by working in partnership across government, comfortably leading and influencing senior managers and external stakeholders
· communicate effectively in Te Reo Māori.
This senior leadership opportunity reports to the Group Manager.
If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference, we welcome your application.
For a confidential enquiry, please contact: Andy Jackson, email@example.com or ph 04 463 8633
Please review the position description by copy and pasting this link into your browser: https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/627096_Other.pdf
Applications close midnight - Tuesday, 18 June 2019.