· Are you looking for a role that challenges you every day?
· Do you like working with dedicated Processionals?
· Are you keen to make a real difference?
Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) is responsible for ‘Growing and Protecting New Zealand'. It's no mean feat and we have a team of hard working and dedicated people in a variety of roles supporting us to make this happen. Our overall ambition is for New Zealand to be the most trusted source of high value natural products in the world. Join us to help this ambition become a reality.
About the Role
The Verification Services (VS) is part. Directorate is accountable for the delivery of comprehensive programmes of work focused on providing verification and certification services to support market access strategies for New Zealand’s primary sector producers. As the Senior Internal Communications Adviser for Verification Services you will work closely with senior leadership to provide internal communications advice that is aligned to our organisational goals.
You will provide strategic employee engagement and internal communications support for the roll-out of internal projects , change initiatives and lead the implementation of internal communications across multiple channels including writing messages for the Director and other senior leaders. You will play a key role in developing Directorate wide internal and wider organisational channels (as appropriate) including the intranet, internal social media and internal e-newsletters.
This role also provides support for implementation of integrated corporate communication strategies aligned to the Operations team work plan and the Directorate’s business plan. At times you will also be required to support initiatives within the wider New Zealand Food Safety group which VS is part of.
We are looking for someone with a strong internal communications background, ideally in a complex stakeholder environment, and experience in delivering sensitive and complex internal communication messages and plans. You will be a skilled writer and editor with the ability to create content across multiple channels and connect with your audience. You will be comfortable providing strategic communications advice to senior stakeholders as well as enjoy providing hands on execution support. Your experience, appreciation of process, resilience and ability to maintain collaborative and positive relationships is crucial.
Skills and Experience
· Relevant Tertiary Qualifications in communications, marketing, media and/or public relations; or an equivalent level of experience
· Experience in a similar role developing and delivering integrated internal communication strategies, preferably in a complex environment involving significant senior stakeholder liaison
· Strong writing, editing and content creation skills across multiple channels and for multiple audiences
· Project planning and project management skills to provide effective end-to-end delivery of internal communication plans
· Experience managing internal communications channels and platforms including internal social media networks, intranet and employee e-newsletters
· An ability to think at a strategic organisational level and at the same time be hands on and deliver on the ground communications is essential. Strong advocacy skills are required to provide leadership in communications within the Directorate to both internal and external stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will be focussed, show initiative and enjoy working in a demanding and at times fast paced environment. If you want to grow your skills and experience in communications while making a positive difference this may be just the role for you. Apply Now!
How to Apply
Follow this link to apply or for more information: https://careers.mpi.govt.nz/jobs/MPI19-1408251
For detailed information on this role please refer to the position description or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 28 July
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.