· Are you naturally inquisitive and curious?
· Are you good at quickly building rapport with people?
· Looking to transfer your skills to a whole new career?
If you are interested in all walks of life, cultures and environments, then this might be the career you never knew existed!
The New Zealand Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) is currently looking for Case Officers to join our busy Wellington and Auckland teams. Our team includes people from various cultures, across all age groups and diverse backgrounds, but we all have the same common values and desire to keep New Zealanders safe.
What is a Case Officer you may ask? Our Case Officers spend time out in the field speaking with people to gather information/intelligence, but they are equally comfortable behind a desk typing up their reports too! Every day will be different, but every day your work has the ability to save lives and keep New Zealand safe. We don't expect you to know it all on day one as our specialised training will prepare you for this unique career. However, our ideal candidates will already be able to build rapport with others easily and have no trouble interacting with people who have very different values and beliefs. Building trust will come naturally to you and you can see beyond the surface to understand what makes people tick. Your quick-wit, EQ and aptitude to be agile and think on your feet will enable you to succeed and handle whatever the job throws at you.
So whilst you may not have considered a career in intelligence, you could have the life experience, talents and transferable skills to start a career like no other. If this sounds interesting and you want to apply, then you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
· A high level of resilience to undertake a wide variety of tasks.
· Experience in motivating, collaborating with and influencing others to achieve results.
· Self-discipline and personal integrity with an ability to obtain and maintain a high level security clearance.
· The ability to deal with challenging situations and be comfortable taking calculated risks.
· Strong communication skills, verbal and written with the ability to appeal to a wide audience.
· You will also need a current full driver’s licence.
In return, as well as interesting and meaningful work, we offer a range of benefits including additional professional development, free health insurance, an active and fun social club and on-site gym and fitness facilities. We also promise you will never have to take work home with you!
If this sounds like you and you want to join our diverse team and do amazing work, then apply now!