Tui Ora is a holistic kaupapa Maori organisation, providing a range of wellbeing services to people in Taranaki. We employ passionate, professional staff to fit with our whanau team culture. We value highly skilled, committed community focussed individuals to support this kaupapa, and currently have an exciting new opportunity.
About the role:
This exciting new role will coordinate and facilitate programmes that support young people to thrive. This role will contribute to Tiki Toa – a programme that connects young people to Te Ao Maori (The Maori World) and Whenua Tupuna (ancestral land), Taiohi Tu – an in school kaupapa Maori wellbeing programme and other youth programmes as identified. The desired candidate will have experience in mentoring and facilitating boys’ groups or programmes, ability to facilitate, engage and run online spaces/social media sites and have knowledge of Te Ao Maori me ona tikanga (especially in outdoor spaces - Mounga, Moana, Awa, Ngahere). The candidate will also have excellent oral and written language skills and the ability to report on and evaluate their mahi to a high degree.
To be successful in this role, you will:
• Have a tertiary qualification in health, education, whanau ora or social service delivery
• Three years’ experience of community development in health and social service areas
• Experience in coordinating and facilitating youth programmes
• Experience in community engagement
• Passionate about Maori health and wellbeing and thriving whanau.
• Full, clean NZ Driver Licence
A successful candidate for this role will be safety checked as a vulnerable people worker for the following:
- Identity verification;
- Police vetting;
- Employment verification;
- The right to work in New Zealand;
- Checks with professional registration bodies or licensing authorities;
- References; and
- A risk assessment that considers the specific child safety related risk
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to be considered for this position.