We are looking for two passionate senior/aquaculture analysts - one full-time and one part-time to join our experienced aquaculture team based in Nelson.
· Are you passionate about New Zealand’s primary sector, including aquaculture?
· Are you keen to help ensure we manage coasts and waterways sustainably?
· Are you determined to apply and grow your skills, and make an impact?
New Zealand’s sustainable aquaculture industry can be a bigger part our economy, growing in a way that prioritises positive environmental outcomes, working with people, and reducing waste and emissions.
Globally, the potential for aquaculture to meet growing demand for sustainable seafood is being called a “blue revolution.” For New Zealand, ensuring growth is sustainable and recognises other values are bottom lines.
Now is an exciting time to join the Aquaculture team at Fisheries New Zealand.
We are looking for two passionate senior/aquaculture analysts - one full-time and one half-time team member to join our driven and experienced aquaculture team based in Nelson.
The half-time time position might be ideal for a busy parent or someone studying who needs a flexible work environment and work hours.
About the role - Kōrero mō te tūranga
In this role you will help implement the Government’s Aquaculture Strategy to help guide sustainable growth of New Zealand’s Aquaculture industry. Your work will centre on delivering these outcomes:
· Sustainable: A primary industry leading in environmentally sustainable practises across the value chain.
· Productive: Aquaculture growth supports regional prosperity.
· Resilient: Aquaculture is protected from biological harm and supported in adapting to climate change.
· Inclusive: Partnering with Māori and communities on opportunities to realise meaningful jobs, wellbeing and prosperity.
You will be engaged across a number of projects to test, apply and build your relationship and analysis skills.
To find out more about our strategy and work, visit https://www.fisheries.govt.nz/growing-and-harvesting/aquaculture/strategy/
Skills and Experience - Ngā Pūkenga me ngā Wheako
We are interested in applicants with a tertiary qualification(s) in a relevant discipline such as resource management, planning, science, law, project management or economics.
The ideal candidate would have some or all of:
· A tertiary qualification(s) in a relevant discipline, which could include resource management, planning, science, law, project management or economics.
· Proven ability to develop relationships and engage effectively
· Strong analytical skills and the capacity to quickly identify and clearly define an issue
· Proven ability to manage a number of projects or pieces of work at the same time.
For the half-time position we would, among other things, be interested in hearing from applicants who could help us with project management as we implement the aquaculture strategy.
About MPI - Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua
Our work stretches all the way from the Beehive to the border. If you want a career where you help to grow and protect New Zealand in a very real way then this is it. Our team is collegial, supportive and hard working. MPI has a focus on career pathways so this is the first step in your career with us and we will help you grow.
We offer flexible hours and working arrangements based on your needs and commitments.
How to Apply - Me pēhea te tuku tono
To view the position description or to find out more information about this role, please follow the link: https://careers.mpi.govt.nz/jobs/MPI19-1424236
For detailed information on this role please refer to the position description or contact email@example.com.