· Full-time, permanent role
· Based in our Hamilton office
· Annual salary of $83,025 plus five weeks' annual leave
About Housing New Zealand
Housing New Zealand Corporation is a Crown agent that provides housing services for people in need. It isn't just about getting a roof over people's heads - we also work closely with others to ensure our tenants have access to good support services.
Our Values - Kotahitanga - One Team
Housing New Zealand has important work to do and our aspirations are big. We believe that people do their best within an environment of trust, care, contribution, humility and learning. We also do our best when we take personal responsibility to achieve our shared vision and maintain a working environment we are proud of.
The values that drive us are:
· we trust each other and share ownership
· we care about each other as people
· everyone's contribution matters
· we are humble and genuine
· we continually learn and innovate.
Our vision is 'building lives and communities by housing New Zealanders.' To help us achieve this, we are currently recruiting for a Kaiwhakaora - Family Link Specialist to help us provide a high level of care, support and oversight for some of our highest need tenants.
You'll support tenants facing significant life challenges such as social isolation, mental illness, physical disability, limited life skills or addiction, and you'll be integral to understanding their needs, building trusting and respectful relationships and linking them with appropriate local or national support organisations.
You will act as a strong advocate on our tenants' behalf, and will be key to a successful outcome of sustaining tenancies and improved life outcomes for them.
What you'll need to bring:
· A sound understanding of social housing and the complexities within this
· The demonstrated ability to handle and manage difficult customer relationships
· Experience in assessing need; clarifying, re-phrasing and testing communicated need
· An aptitude for building rapport and relationships with vulnerable customers
· Experience in managing conflict and diffusing challenging situations
· Extensive experience working with people from diverse cultures, backgrounds and communities
What we offer
We offer competitive salaries and five weeks' annual leave for all new starters, as well as a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development.
These benefits are described in more detail at https://careers.hnzc.co.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits
We provide a working environment with opportunities for self-development and new challenges. If you'd like to join a team of professionals who are passionate about people, improving the quality of the lives of our tenants and giving something back to the community, we would love to hear from you.
To learn more about us and the work we do, visit http://careers.hnzc.co.nz
To apply please follow the online process.
The reference code for this position is 47070TKV.
To see a copy of the position description and apply for the job, go to careers.hnzc.co.nz
To find out more about this opportunity please contact the HR Service Centre at email@example.com
Applications close at 5.00pm on Monday, 25 March 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.