School of Health
Wellington, New Zealand
· Inaugural academic appointment in Pasifika Health
· Opportunities for rewards, recognition and development
· Ranked number one in NZ for research quality
About the role
· Development of a Pasifika health agenda in undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
· Coordinate courses and teach Pasifika health topics
· Engagement with key stakeholders including Pasifika communities
· Empower Pasifika through scholarship and research
Skills and experience
· PhD essential·
· Demonstrated experience of working in a Pasifika community
· Demonstrated awareness of Pasifika cultures
· Basic understanding or fluency in one or more Pasifika languages
· Active researcher and enthusiastic teacher
About the company
Victoria University of Wellington has over 22,000 students, including over 3,500 international students from more than 110 countries, as well as over 2,200 full-time equivalent staff with over 1,000 of those involved in teaching and research. The Faculty of Health was established in 2017 to support Victoria University's vision of Improving Health and Wellbeing in our Communities.
The University fosters international links in teaching and research, and delivers programmes of national and international significance. If you're thinking about a future working within a culture where innovation, collaboration and diversity are highly valued, then think Victoria.
The Faculty of Health is the newest Faculty at Victoria University of Wellington. We are a team of passionate researchers and teachers from across the University that help prepare the next generation of health sector professionals in making a difference to New Zealanders' health and wellbeing. We are a team that values collaboration, innovative thinking, excellence in teaching, and critical and transformational engagement.
Please click on the link below 'Distinctive strengths-Health and wellbeing', which outlines Victoria's vision to improve our health and our health system.
· Salary NZD$75,456 - $117,487 p.a.
· Live in Wellington, New Zealand's creative and cultural capital
· Five paid university holidays each year in addition to your annual leave entitlement
· Development opportunities in leadership and management, research, and technology
· Superannuation schemes available
· Staff discounts at leading New Zealand retailers
How to apply
For a full role description and to submit your application online please visit: www.victoria.ac.nz/about/careers/current-vacancies
If you have any queries or require further information please contact Carolyn Merryweather, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Wednesday, 26 June 2019.
Victoria University of Wellington is an EEO employer and actively seeks to meet its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi.
For more information and to apply online visit http://www.victoria.ac.nz/about/careers/current-vacancies